Job Search Assistance/Funds for Training
The Pikes Peak Workforce Center offers intensive job search assistance and assistance with costs related to the completion of a degree or certificate to help get you back into the workforce quickly.
- Are you overwhelmed trying to manage all of the components of an effective job search?
- Has it been years since you've had to look for a job?
- Are you struggling with the new ways of searching for employment?
Intensive Job Search assistance provides step-by-step guidance with your job search efforts.
This program may be a great fit for you! Benefits of joining the Intensive Job Search program:
- Individual employment action planning
- Resume Review
- Mock interviews
- Case management and advocacy
- Other services to assist with job search
Maybe you are not ready to look for work yet because you are completing a training program to upgrade your skills or change career fields. Through The Opportunity Act (WIOA), the Pikes Peak Workforce Center may be able to assist you with tuition, fees, books, and licensure costs if you are training in one of the following high-demand fields:
- Software Engineers
- Example Certifications: .Net, C#, Java, Ruby on Rails, SQL certifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Systems Engineers
- Example Certifications: CCNA, ACE, PMP
- Systems Administrators
- Example Certifications: Linux, Unix, and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Cyber Security
- Registered Nurses
- Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
- Medical Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Radiological Technologists
- Example Certifications: CAD, QA testing, LEAN and Six-Sigma
- Degree programs in Electrical Engineering
Apprenticeship and Mechanical Occupations
- Local Apprenticeship Programs – lineman, plumbing, sheet metal, electrical
- Over-the-Road Truck Driving (CDL Certification)
- ASE Certification (Automotive Service Excellence)
PPWFC may be able to help with the cost of this training. Contact Cooper at
To qualify for training assistance, you must be within 18 months or 3 semesters of completing your degree or certificate. For further eligibility requirements, click here.
All training institutions and programs must be approved by the State of Colorado. To determine if your training institution and program are approved by the State, please check the Eligible Training Provider list.
Services and funds of this program are not an entitlement and will be entirely based on the participant’s follow through and on the availability of grant funding.
1. To get started, please read and ensure you meet the eligibility requirements for the assistance you are requesting. If you do not meet the requirements at this time, we encourage you to contact us once you meet the requirements.
2. Register for the Opportunity Act (WIOA) Information Session
3. Attend your scheduled information session. Please allow at least two hours for the info session.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please call 719.667.3700
If you are thinking of going to school be sure to do your research BEFORE you commit to a program. These links provide information that may help you avoid a costly mistake.
Your opinion is important to us. Please take a few minutes to complete this satisfaction survey so that we may improve our services. Click here
to start the survey.