Getting Started - Creating an Account
To access resources, services, and training opportunities at the Youth Zone, you must first create an account in the state job database, Connecting Colorado.
You will not be able to use our services unless you create an account. If you have a computer with high-speed connection, you can create an account from home. If not, you can create your account at our main office, 1675 Garden of the Gods Road, Suite 1107, Colorado Springs, CO 80907, or at our offices in Cripple Creek, Divide, Fountain, Woodland Park, or Monument.
After creating your account, you will receive a scan card that allows you access to our facilities. If you create your account from home, when you come to the office tell the receptionist that you are registered and she or he will give you a scan card.
To create an account as a New Job Seeker
, you will need:
1. Your social security number;
2. You will be asked to set up a password so think of something that is easy for you to remember;
3. Your contact information including an email address. Please do not use a Yahoo address because Yahoo blocks our messages to you about job openings. If you don’t have an email address, please set one up on one of the free sites: Hotmail.com; Google email, etc.
4. Your work history;
5. If you were in the military, information about your military service, including date of enlistment and separation.
6. The type of work you are seeking (you can put in 4 different job categories or job titles);
7. Your skills (You can enter up to 60 skills. It is important that you enter as many as possible.);
Be sure to click on the continue button at the bottom of each page.
At the end of the process you will come to an Equal Opportunity page. Your account is not complete until you click on the “I understand” button at the bottom of this page. You should then get a message, “You are now registered.”
If you are in the office, don’t forget to pick up your scan card.
To start to create your account, click here
Your opinion is important to us. Please take a few minutes to complete this satisfaction survey so that we may improve our services. Click here to start the survey.