To access resources, services, and training opportunities at the Pikes Peak Workforce Center, you must first register in the state job database, Connecting Colorado. Most services are at no cost to job seekers.
You will not be able to use our services unless you register. If you have a computer with high-speed connection, you can register from home. If not, you can register at our main office, Citizens Service Center, 1675 Garden of the Gods Road, Suite 1107, Colorado Springs, 80907 or at any or our satellite offices in Cripple Creek, Divide, Fountain, Woodland Park, or Monument.
After registering you will receive a scan card that allows you access to our facilities. If you register from home, when you come to the office tell the receptionist that you are registered and she or he will give you a scan card.
To register as a New Job Seeker
, go to www.connectingcolorado.com.
Click on "Job Seeker." On the next page, under "Create a new Account", click "Go."
You will need:
1. Your social security number;
2. You will be asked to set up a password so think of something that is easy for you to remember. Your password must be 5 to 12 characters long, number and letters only. Special characters ($#@, etc.) are not allowed.
3. Your contact information including an email address. Please do not use a Yahoo address
because Yahoo blocks our messages to you about job openings. If you don’t have an email address, please set one up on one of the free sites: Hotmail.com; Google email
4. Your work history (past two jobs);
5. If you were in the military, information about your military service, including date of enlistment and separation.
6. The type of work you are seeking (you can put in four
different job categories or job titles);
7. Your skills (You can enter an unlimited number of key words. It is important that you enter as many as possible because that is how the State system matches you with job openings.)
Be sure to click on the continue button at the bottom of each page.
The next page will say "To view the Equal Opportunity notice, click here." At this point you may either view the EEO notice or click "HOME" in the upper left corner to finish your registration.
You may go to Connecting Colorado anytime to update your profile, but you must log in as a Returning Job Seeker. It is critical to update your profile if any of your contact information changes.
If you are in the office, don’t forget to pick up your scan card. If you are at home or the library, please pick up your scan card the next time you are in the office.
To start the registration process, click here