Services for Persons with Disabilities
The Pikes Peak Workforce Center offers a wide variety of services for persons with disabilities including the following:
- Fully-equipped computers with adaptive technology
- Training opportunities for eligible persons
- Accommodations for services
PPWFC has computers available with several programs and hardware for use by persons with disabilities. Software and hardware available include:
- Screen reading software (JAWS for Windows)
- Screen magnification software (MAGIC)
- Voice recognition software (Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- Scan and read software (Open Book)
- Access to internet, word processing, phones, copy machines and scanners
- Fully adjustable work station
Please note that some of the software may require previous training and/or experience.
PPWFC offers several training opportunities for unemployed or underemployed job seekers via the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) for in-demand occupations. For more information visit the Training Opportunities page or call 719.667.3700.
PPWFC can offer many accommodations for use of our services by persons with disabilities. These services include:
- Interpreter services by request
- Information in alternative formats by request
- Access to a TTY device
Sign up for any of our Newsletters.
Your opinion is important to us. Please take a few minutes to complete this satisfaction survey so that we may improve our services. Click here to start the survey.