Governor's Summer Job Hunt
The Governor's Summer Job Hunt The Governor's Summer Job Hunt is a vital link between classroom learning and actual on-the-job experience that matches young people's skills and interests with employment opportunities. Employment services are available, at no cost, to both employers and young adults ages 16 - 21.
Young adults interested in employment can call the PPWFC Youth Zone at (719) 667-3860 or stop by the Youth Zone at 1675 Garden of the Gods Road, Suite 1107, Colorado Springs, CO 80907.
Connecting Colorado is the State Job Search Database. The top 6 reasons to register are:
1. To come to any Job Fair sponsored by the Pikes Peak Workforce Center, you MUST be registered in www.connectingcolorado.com
2. It is a safe place to job search because all the employers who list jobs have been vetted by the Pikes Peak Workforce Center.
3. You can search for jobs by zip code.
4. You can see what jobs are available for your age group.
5. You can upload your résumé so employers can search for you!
6. By registering you may be eligible for other programs offered by the Pikes Peak Workforce Center.
(16 through 21)
Colorado Springs DoubleTree Hotel,
Thursday, April 3, 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
1775 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd, 80906
Located south of I-25 and South Circle, across from the Target shopping center
Tuesday, April 8, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Woodland Park - Ute Pass Cultural Center
210 E Midland Ave 80863
Wednesday, April 30, 12 noon to 4 p.m.
Cripple Creek - 166 E Bennett Ave, 80813
Aspen Mine Center
Adult/Young Adult Job Fair combined
To attend any of the Job Fairs, you must register in https://www.connectingcolorado.com
as a "New Job Seeker". If you are already registered, please enter as a "Returning Job Seeker" and update your contact and skills information.
SIGN UP FOR FREE SUMMER JOB HUNT TIPS!
Text @cs-jh to 720.442.7086
· Register in our employment database www.connectingcolorado.com. Jobs are listed here!
· Take the “Job Readiness” Quiz Show us that you’re Ready!
· Register for a Workshop Get Some Extra Tips!
· Meet with the Summer Job Hunt Coach to tell us what you want to do for the summer receive referrals to jobs!
Let us know you got the job so that we can post your success on our Facebook Page!